The day finally arrived and I turned 18 on Saturday (eeek!!). So i thought it would be fun to show off the glam look I created as the birthday girl, I will be showing the products I used but will focus more on the step by step tutorial. If anyone is needing some inspiration to go get glammed up, hopefully this will be it!
The look I created was inspired from a YouTube video on Kylie Jenner’s 18th birthday makeup. Her makeup artist created a brown/bronzed orange eye makeup look but kept it very simple. For me I wanted to use browns and golds as I know they compliment my eyes very well and I love the look of having bronzed golden Eyeshadows on my lids. Then to switch things up a bit I used my rose gold pigment from NYX that I mentioned in my payday haul on Friday then I used a white based gold shimmer colour to brighten the whole look up.
- I began this look by using my Eyeshadow primer from Smashbox (of course you already knew this) then to set it today I used two different eye shadows. I used ‘White Chocolate’ in the chocolate bar palette like I normally would but because I was given the new sweet peach palette for my birthday I noticed the shade ‘Peaches and Cream’ which is the perfect nude base shadow that would match my skin colour.
2. I then took on my Mac 217 brush, the shade ‘Salted Caramel’ from the chocolate bar palette as my transition shade for my crease. I began to build this up by taking my morphe blending brush to deepen up that brown colour and used the slightly cooler toned brown ‘Milk Chocolate’ and blended this into the first transition shade. Sticking to the brown toned look I was aiming for, to add some definition to my outer corner I took the shadow “Triple Fudge” and blended this into the two lighter brown shades by going back in with my Mac 217 into my crease and outer corner.
3. Now because it was my birthday I thought why not go all out on the eyes? So using some Mac fix + on my morphe flat shader brush, I took the NYX ‘Stunning’ pigment that i have been loving on my eyes at the minute. I packed it all over the middle of my lid and it gave such a stunning orangey-bronze finish to the matte shadows I chose in my crease etc. And can I just say a huge thank you to my parents for my new ring light, just look at the pigment under the light!!
4. To finish off my eyes I tried out a new eyeliner I brought recently, the Rimmel ScandelEyes Precision Micro eyeliner and I just wasn’t having a good eyeliner day at all but i’m not a pro after all, it was my birthday and nothing was ruining my celebrations! Then let’s just take a second to appreciate those lashes right?? I ordered the lashes in the style No.08 from the website FalseEyelashes, the website stocks over a 1,000 pairs of eyelashes from different brands – including vegan lashes – they also offer free 1st class delivery so go check them out if you love lashes just as much as i do! The lashes from Peaches and Cream cost me £3.95 and the quality of these are absolutely amazing for the price. I have worn these so many times since new year and they’re still in such an amazing condition.They’re so long, fluttery and so light on the eyes despite the length, these lashes completely transform you into a glam queen so go check them out!
5. Starting with the face makeup, I used my new favourite primer the Pore Filler from NYX as my base because I find it gives me the best surface on my skin to layer on the foundation and powder etc. Then because I was going out that evening I needed that full coverage, long lasting kinda foundation so I used my go to foundation for events and going out, the Urban Decay All Nighter which is one of my holy grail products. I use a damp beauty blender to blend this into my skin because I find it the best way to apply it to my skin. The finish of this foundation is absolutely stunning and it lasts all night so that means it won’t slide off your face whilst you dance the night away – perfect right?
6. Let’s just ignore the fact I look like I probably belong to a tribe, the next step was to brighten under my eyes, the bridge of my nose and my forehead. I used the Naked skin concealer from Urban Decay to brighten then to cover those pesky spots and imperfections I switch concealers to the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer because come on, it’s just too good. I then use a damp beauty blender to blend all parts into my skin so then i’m ready to set it with powder.
7. To create that flawless finish and to set everything in lace I first take a setting powder brush and my NYX HD finishing powder and place it under my eyes to set where i\ve just brightened with concealer. As my general face powder because I don’t want to look cake and dry I use my Mac Mineralize SkinFinish in Light to set everything on my face like iI would in my everyday makeup routine. Now because I am looking for a full coverage, flawless long lasting finish to go out with, I then go over the patches of skin I need the most coverage on with my studio fix powder from Mac which smooths out my skin and gives it the airbrushed look.
8. To then bronze up my skin and contour those cheek bones, I take two different products. To bronze all over including my jaw line and forehead I use my NYX soft Matte bronzer which I am loving at the moment! It gives my skin the warmth it needs because who wants to look like Casper the ghost in photos? Not me! Then to contour, I use my Anastasia Beverly Hills powder contour kit and I take the middle colour which is the lighter cool toned brown and I blend this in using my Mac 216 contour brush by moving the brush in circles so It ends up by blending in instead of a harsh line.
10. So to finish this look off I took my all time favourite lipstick which is ‘Yash’ by Mac. The colour of it is the perfect orangey nude for this look and matched so well with my Eyeshadow look without drawing attention away from it. So below is the final look and I was so ready to go dance the night away!
I hope you had fun reading this makeup look and if you have any questions please don’t be scared to ask in the comments below! I can do some full reviews of any products I’ve mentioned just let me know! So hopefully this makes up for not posting since Friday but I had to celebrate and make the most of a weekend off right?! Hope everyone has a lovely week, speak soon lovelies!